These Portobello Mushroom Bun Burgers are the perfect keto friendly lunch meal for any occasion. The mushroom bun will kick the carbs to curb!
- 4 large (bun sized) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 Tbps. Butter
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. dried onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. Basil
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp.salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
Portobello Butter Buns:
- Clean and dry mushroom tops.
- Remove mushroom stems and gills.
- Sauté mushroom tops in melted butter for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place on paper towel and let sit while cooking hamburger.
- Combine dried onion, minced garlic, basil, onion powder, salt, and pepper with ground beef.
- Form patties 3/4” thick.
- Grill on medium high/high heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness!
- Place burger patty between Portobello “buns”.
- Add your favorite cheese and low carb toppings.
If you love this recipe, be sure to try our this amazing Keto Sirloin and Veggie Kabobs recipe!